The QuickBooks team has introduced release 7 for QuickBooks Enterprise 2015. This milestone release is their first to contain feature enhancements in addition to bug fixes. It is a manual update from the Intuit support website. We suggest, however, that you wait another week or so to install it just to ensure no problems.
According to Intuit, here's what to expect:
- Faster, Easier Subscription Feature Setup- We're making to easier to discover and activate features that are included with your Enterprise subscription. Subscription Feature Setup opens automatically when you open your company file. Or choose Help > Set up Subscription Features to open it anytime. To activate any feature in your subscription, just click Start.
When you open your QuickBooks Enterprise company file you will see a screen similar to the following. The feature list that you see will depend on your subscription.
* Note: Features shown will vary depending on your subscription.
2015 R6 Customer cannot edit custom defined fields after updating to r6.
- Custom fields now could be edited when a company file is upgraded to 2015 R6 from a prior version.
Advanced Inventory sample file no longer has Advanced Pricing available
- An Upgraded Sample company file to 2015 R6 with Advanced Inventory and Advanced Pricing enabled can now use Advanced Pricing
Changing item cost in file with Enhanced Inventory Receiving (EIR) causes balance sheet to go out of balance
- Balance sheet is correctly balanced when cost of the item is changed on a multi user, advanced inventory, enhanced inventory receiving enabled company file
QuickBooks Advanced Reporting (QBAR)
Modify Advanced Reporting views in database to correct debit and credit reporting issues in QBAR
- Database views have been adjusted to provide debit and credit reporting accurately in Advanced Reporting
Amounts for exchange gain loss account are not tracked for some transaction types
- Reports provide accurate exchange gain or loss accounts with appropriate transaction types